As November rolls around in Texas, it’s time for homeowners to jump on their winter home maintenance checklists before the season officially starts. With temperature drops, cozy fireplaces, and delicious holiday dishes, it can be tempting to bundle up and stay indoors. But winter is a fantastic time to tackle home improvement projects to enhance your home and your property value!
Quick and Simple Home Projects
Less handy? No problem! Here’s a collection of easy home projects any homeowner can take on this holiday season:
- Replace Furnace Filter – For as little as $10, any homeowner can find quality filters to maintain their furnaces, a project that will only take a few minutes to complete.
- Window Washing – November is a great time to deep clean your windows so you can have a perfect view of your own personal winter wonderland.
- Insulate Water Pipes – This great home maintenance project will save you tons during the cold winter months and only takes a short amount of time.
In-Depth Home Maintenance Tasks
More laborious projects will definitely take up more of your free time, but the payoff will be leagues bigger!
- Regrout Old Tile – Doable but more time-consuming, regrouting old tiles will leave your home shining in ways you never imagined.
- Repaint – A slightly more expensive task than most, repainting old rooms can be a fun project the whole family can do together!
- New Lighting – Research will be key for this home project, so ensure that you brush up on your electrical wiring prowess.
There are plenty of home improvement projects you can take on before the holidays, regardless of your budget, free time, and skill level. So jump in and get started! Contact Mallach and Company to learn more about home improvement, local updates, and new Texas listings coming your way.